Serve this cold Cucumber and Avocado Soup as a prelude to a meal, or toss on some cooked shrimp and make it a complete meal on those scorching summer nights when cucumbers are at their peak.
The last few weeks we have received plenty of cucumbers in the CSA delivery. I could have gone with Uborkasalata (Hungarian cucumber and onion salad) or Jajuk (Armenian cucumber and yogurt soup/salad) or even made some Cinnamon Red Hot Pickles, but I leave that last job to my brother and sister in law.
I opted for this refreshing blender soup. This is meant to be served cold, so be sure to leave enough time for it to chill thoroughly before serving for best flavor and texture.
Cold Cucumber and Avocado Soup
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large cucumbers peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 ½ cup 2% fat Greek yogurt
- ½ medium avocado peeled and seeded
- 1 medium shallot peeled and cut in half
- 3 T. fresh dill chopped
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 2 t. sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- optional: sprigs of fresh dill and/or sliced cucumber for garnish
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. If you prefer a thinner soup, add a little more chicken or vegetable stock until you reach the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for at least 2- 3 hours before serving. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve topped with sprigs of fresh dill and thin slices of cucumber.
- For an even prettier presentation, toss a few cooked and chilled shrimp with some ground cumin and chop into small pieces. Sprinkle seasoned shrimp pieces on top of soup and add a sprig of fresh dill.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.