Serve this chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup as a prelude to a meal, or toss on some cooked shrimp and make it a complete meal on those scorching summer nights when cucumbers are at their peak.
This luscious chilled Cucumber Avocado soup, a unique blend of crisp cucumbers and creamy avocados that will take your taste buds on an unforgettable journey of delightful flavors and sensations.
This refreshing, velvety soup not only delights your palate but also packs a punch of essential nutrients, making it the perfect choice for those who value health and taste.
Whether it's a light lunch on a sweltering summer day or a vibrant starter for your next dinner party, this soup delivers a mouthwatering experience that keeps you coming back for more.
This refreshing blender soup is meant to be served cold, so be sure to leave enough time for it to chill thoroughly before serving for best flavor and texture.
Ingredients for Cucumber Avocado Soup
The ingredients are pretty simple:
- chicken or vegetable stock
- cucumbers, any kind is fine
- 2% fat plain Greek yogurt
- shallot ( or yellow onion)
- fresh dill (or 1 tablespoon dried dill)
- fresh lime juice (or lemon juice)
- ground cumin
- salt and black pepper
Pop those ingredients in the blender or food processor and puree until smooth then chill. What could be easier?
Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large cucumbers (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 ½ cups 2% fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ medium avocado (peeled and seeded)
- 1 medium shallot (peeled and cut in half)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- optional: sprigs of fresh dill and/or sliced cucumber for garnish
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. If you prefer a thinner soup, add a little more chicken or vegetable stock until you reach the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for at least 2- 3 hours before serving. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve topped with sprigs of fresh dill and thin slices of cucumber.
Sound fabulous? Share it with other!