This decadent Cherry Cream Pie is three layers of awesomeness: a buttery pecan crust, creamy cheesecake like layer topped with sweet cherries. The best part, besides the taste of course, is it is so easy to make.
This recipe came courtesy of my cousin Paige. She doubles the recipe and makes it as cherry pie bars, which is perfect to bring to a pot luck, barbecue, pool party or other large gathering.
However, I have a family of three and do not need a large pan of goodies calling to me from the kitchen. So, I slashed her recipe in half and made it in a pie pan. You could also opt for an 8" square pan.
This would be a fun dessert to serve for National Cherry Pie Day (February 20th), Pi(e) Day (March 14th) or National Cherry Day (July 16th).
Variations to Creamy Cherry Pie
For the crust you can change up the nuts and use almonds or walnuts. Use gluten free flour for a gluten free variation.
Instead of cherry you can top it with your favorite flavor of pie filling. Or make stripes of cherry and blueberry filling for a fun red, white and blue dessert for Memorial Day or Independence Day.
More Pie Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Celebrate Pi Day with one of these fabulous pie recipes. We've got sweet pies and savory pies, there's sure to be one you'll love.
- Banana Cream Pie from Jen Around the World
- Buttterfinger Pie from Fresh April Flours
- Celebration Cookie Pie from Magical Ingredients
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Pie from Devour Dinner
- Creamy Cherry Pie from That Recipe
- Detroit Style Deep Dish Pie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Spaghetti Pie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Quiche from Art of Natural Living
- Taco Pie from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Tomato, Asiago and Broccoli Pie from Palatable Pastime
Creamy Cherry Pie
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 ounces whipped topping
- 1 can cherry pie filling (21 ounce size)
- Place flour and pecans in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to finely chop the nuts, add melted butter and blend a few times until combined.
- Pat into a 9" deep dish pie pan and bake for 20-25 min at 350°F. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese and sugar, fold in whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Spread cherry pie filling over top. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Until next time, happy eating!