This decadent Cherry Cream Pie is three layers of awesomeness: a buttery pecan crust, creamy cheesecake like layer topped with sweet cherries. The best part, besides the taste of course, is it is so easy to make.
This recipe came courtesy of my cousin Paige. She doubles the recipe and makes it as cherry pie bars, which is perfect to bring to a pot luck, barbecue, pool party or other large gathering.
However, I have a family of three and do not need a large pan of goodies calling to me from the kitchen. So, I slashed her recipe in half and made it in a pie pan. You could also opt for an 8" square pan.
This would be a fun dessert to serve for National Cherry Pie Day (February 20th), Pi(e) Day (March 14th) or National Cherry Day (July 16th).
Variations to Creamy Cherry Pie
For the crust you can change up the nuts and use almonds or walnuts. Use gluten free flour for a gluten free variation.
Instead of cherry you can top it with your favorite flavor of pie filling. Or make stripes of cherry and blueberry filling for a fun red, white and blue dessert for Memorial Day or Independence Day.
More Pie Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Celebrate Pi Day with one of these fabulous pie recipes. We've got sweet pies and savory pies, there's sure to be one you'll love.
- Banana Cream Pie from Jen Around the World
- Buttterfinger Pie from Fresh April Flours
- Celebration Cookie Pie from Magical Ingredients
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Pie from Devour Dinner
- Creamy Cherry Pie from That Recipe
- Detroit Style Deep Dish Pie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Spaghetti Pie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Quiche from Art of Natural Living
- Taco Pie from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Tomato, Asiago and Broccoli Pie from Palatable Pastime
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Creamy Cherry Pie
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 ounces whipped topping
- 1 can cherry pie filling (21 ounce size)
- Place flour and pecans in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to finely chop the nuts, add melted butter and blend a few times until combined.
- Pat into a 9" deep dish pie pan and bake for 20-25 min at 350°F. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese and sugar, fold in whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Spread cherry pie filling over top. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Until next time, happy eating!
O M G - that cherry pie is mouth-watering!! It looks sooooooooooo delicious
And it's very easy to make 🙂
Thank you Audrey for sharing this recipe and for hosting this party 🙂
Thanks for coming by, Winnie. I always love to see what you create.
Easy Peasy Life Matters
Thanks so much for hosting! It looks like another great party 🙂
Thanks for supporting us every week.
CJ Huang | Morsels of Life
I'm liking the sound of that pecan crust! Thanks for sharing and hosting! 🙂
Seriously, as much as I love cherries, this crust is the show stealer.
I've been asking myself the same question about national cherry month, why February? Anyway I've linked up my cherry clafoutis. Your pie looks awesome. 🙂
Thanks for linking up, I love clafoutis! I have to go check it out.
Cathleen @ A Taste Of Madness
Easy is my favorite word when it comes to a pie 😉 This sounds delicious!
I still prefer a pie that I don't have to fuss with a pastry crust (though I know have a good recipe for that).
Yummy! I love these kind of desserts.
Thanks, Carlee. I like to bake, but sometimes I just want easy like this.
SusanF - ofeverymoment
Visiting from Ducks 'N a Row and I just yummed this 🙂
And I'm glad you told me the 20th is National Cherry Pie Day!
Thanks, Susan! Thank goodness for the internet so we know these important dates.
Erin - Suburban Simplicity
Thanks for linking up at #WelcomeHomeWednesdays. Hope to see you next week!
Thanks, Erin. I love your party.
Amanda @The Kolb Corner
Looks VERY yummy! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!
This looks so tasty! And the nut crust is a really nice twist!
This pie sounds the most delicious one! Pecan crust is divine!