This simple plum sorbet recipe is a great way to use overripe plums and makes a delightful dessert that goes equally well at an elegant dinner party as it does with a backyard barbecue.
You could skip the 25 minute resting time in the blender, but I do not advise it. The juices will be drawn out from the plums and the sugar will dissolve completely. If you skip it and go straight to mix and freeze the sugar might not melt and the result will be a tad gritty.
Making it within a few hours of serving is optimal as homemade sorbet tends to get icy if left in the freezer too long.
- 2 pounds plums pitted and quartered
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a high-speed blender add plums, sugar, and honey. Let sit for about 25 minutes to macerate before processing.
- Add lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe container and place in freezer for 2-3 hours before serving, stirring every 30 minutes.
Other sorbet recipes you may enjoy
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.