These Glazed Turnips and Carrots are weeknight fast, but would also pair wonderfully with ham, turkey or lamb for holidays.
I love growing my own turnips or getting them from the CSA because they keep the greens on. It’s like getting two vegetables in one!
The lemon and thyme accent the flavors of the root vegetables nicely and do not over power them at all.
It takes less than 30 minutes to make so it is great for weeknights. Or double it to serve along with your holiday dinners.
Easy recipe for Glazed Turnips and Carrots, quickly pan roasted veggie slices in a sweet lemon glaze. Ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turnips peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2/3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add turnips and carrots in a single layer and cook for 4 minutes without turning.
- Stir and continue cooking until brown on all sides, 4-5 more minutes.
- Add broth, sugar, thyme, and lemon zest. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook until vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Uncover and increase heat to medium high, cook about one minute until the liquid begins to glaze. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.