Learn how to make a healthy version of take out favorite Broccoli Beef at home in your slow cooker.
If you have a good cut of meat you can stir fry this dish quickly, but this version tenderizes stew meat in the slow cooker for a few hours. As with all slow cooker recipes, times are approximate based on the size of your slow cooker, the size of the meat, etc.
Adding the vegetables the last 20 minutes steams them and keeps them slightly crunchy, which we prefer. If you like yours cooked more, add them sooner.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Turn inexpensive stew meat into take out favorite Broccoli Beef at home using your slow cooker. ” quote=”Turn inexpensive stew meat into take out favorite Broccoli Beef at home using your slow cooker. ” theme=”style2″]
Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef
- 1½ lbs. beef stew meat (cut into chunks )
- 1½ cup beef stock
- 3-4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- ½ cups gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot
- 14 ounce bag frozen broccoli florets (or fresh)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut in short, thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Add beef stew chunks to 5 or 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium glass or other non-reactive bowl, whisk beef stock, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil to combine.
- Pour mixture on top of beef. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- 15-20 minutes before serving create a slurry by combing 2 tablespoons of cornstarch or arrowroot with ¼ cup of liquid from the slow cooker.
- Stir the slurry into the beef, then add the frozen broccoli and red bell pepper. Cover and finish cooking.
- Serve immediately with cooked brown rice and a drizzle of sauce from the slow cooker.
- Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds before serving, if desired.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.