This decadent Honey Vanilla Strawberry Shortcake recipe is sponsored by the great folks at Chef Shamy. The recipe and opinions are mine (and my family's too 😉 )
This recipe is part of Cookout Week, a week long celebration of recipes for your summer cookouts, barbecues and picnics organized by the crew at The PinterTest Kitchen. Plus we are giving away a fabulous $750 grilling prize package thanks to our generous #CookoutWeek sponsors including:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean's.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village.
Head over to our Sage Marinated Grilled Duck Pizza post to enter the giveaway. Keep scrolling beyond this recipe to see some of the deliciousness the others are posting today.
Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy
I used Chef Shamy's Vanilla Bean Honey Butter to make the shortcake, and for good measure I put a little more of it on top before baking. OH MY GOODNESS!
This stuff is addicting. Seriously, I had to hide the container in the back of the fridge or my son would have grabbed a spoon and eaten it all.
The Garlic Butter with Parmesan and Basil makes quick garlic toast and is fabulous on vegetables.
All of Chef Shamy's butters are made without preservatives or chemical additives and they are all gluten-free, kosher and halal. Just butter and special flavors and seasonings.
BONUS TIME: Between now and July 4, 2018 you can get 10% off your purchase of Chef Shamy butter on Amazon (I may receive a commission for any purchases through the Amazon link). Just enter the code: 10BUTTER10 at checkout. I will be restocking today!
[click_to_tweet tweet="Enjoy one of summer's favorites with this easy homemade Honey Vanilla Strawberry Shortcake recipe. #strawberryshortcake #summerdessert " quote="Enjoy one of summer's favorites with this easy homemade Honey Vanilla Strawberry Shortcake recipe. " theme="style2"]
Honey Vanilla Strawberry Shortcake
- cooking spray or bit of butter
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour plus a little extra for handling the dough
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Chef Shamy Vanilla Bean Honey Butter
- 2 tablespoons Chef Shamy Vanilla Bean Honey Butter
- 6 cups strawberries (sliced)
- whipped cream or topping (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Melt ¼ cup of vanilla bean honey butter CAREFULLY in the microwave or on the stove. It can overflow very quickly if you aren't watching.
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, egg and melted butter.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture with a wooden spoon. Gently pour in the yogurt mixture. Stir until it is just mixed.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean counter top and shape the batter into a large flat circle. Melt the additional 2 tablespoons vanilla bean honey butter and spread on top.
- With a table knife cut a "peace sign" into the circle (all the way to the bottom). Then cut each of those pieces in half so you get 6 equal slices. Place on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until just turning light brown, remove from oven and put on cooling rack.
- Once they are cool, cut into wedges turn the shortcakes on their side and slice down the middle with the table knife. Put the shortcake on a plate, top with berries and whipped cream.