Mexican Ham and Pasta Bake is a deliciously simple weeknight fast way to prepare leftover holiday ham.
This dish is basically just mac and cheese with some ham tossed in and kicked up with salsa. What could be easier?
You can use any type of pasta you have on hand, but ideally you want a pasta that has nooks and crannies to hold on to the cheese such as shells, rotini or even elbow macaroni.
Here are more leftover ham recipes you may enjoy:
[click_to_tweet tweet=”This Mexican Ham and Pasta Bake is a deliciously simple way to prepare holiday leftovers. #hamrecipes #leftoverrecipes” quote=”This Mexican Ham and Pasta Bake is a deliciously simple way to prepare holiday leftovers. ” theme=”style2″]
Mexican Ham and Pasta Bake
- 1 pound pasta such as fusili, rotini, penne or elbow macaroni
- ¾ cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup ham diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta half way, about 6 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Combine both cheeses and set aside
- Add butter to a saucepan, cook over medium for 2-3 minutes until brown. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil and cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of cheese. Whisk until smooth. Add pasta, ham and salsa.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cilantro
- Bake for 30 minutes.
QUICK NOTE FOR OUR TASTY TUESDAY BLOGGERS: We will be taking next Tuesday off to spend with our families, we’ll see you on New Year’s Day for more delicious recipe sharing.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.