Sesame Popcorn Snack Mix is a wonderful combination of salty and sweet flavors, and crunchy and soft textures.
One of my favorite snack combinations is salty with just a touch of sweetness. This popcorn mix fits the bill healthily using chopped dried mangoes instead of something more sugary like candy.
I used air popped popcorn, but you can go with microwave popcorn or a bag of pre-popped popcorn.
The sesame seeds are not whole, but rather are in the form of Gomasio, Japanese sesame salt. Though you could add whole sesame seeds to it as well.
Is homemade Gomasio difficult?
Toast sesame seeds and crush with a mortar and pestle (back of a spoon or spice grinder) and mix with sea salt. BOOM! Amazing, addicting flavor!
Make some extra while you are at it, store it in an airtight container and use it to top rice or scrambled eggs or sushi or sukiyaki or… you get the idea.
More Popcorn Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Here are a few more Popcorn recipes to tickle your tastebuds.
- Caramel Popcorn Cluster Icecream by Magical Ingredients
- Gourmet BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- How to Make Popcorn in a Wok by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Movie Theater Popcorn (at home!) by Palatable Pastime
- Sesame Popcorn Snack Mix by That Recipe
Sesame Popcorn Snack Mix
- ¼ cup sesame seeds (brown or black)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup dry roasted edamame
- 2 tablespoons butter or butter flavored coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup dried mangoes (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small skillet, toast ¼ cup sesame seeds over medium heat until light brown, 2-3 minutes. For black seeds remove a few and taste for toastiness. 😉
- Crush the sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder. Mix with sea salt.
- In a large bowl, add popcorn, edamame and extra sesame seeds (if using) drizzle with butter and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with a tablespoon or two of gomasio and toss to coat.
- Stir in chopped mangoes and serve. This is best fresh, but you can store extras in a zip to lock bag.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Snack Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!