This Zesty Green Smoothie is loaded with healthy fruits and vegetables for a dairy free way to start your day or refresh after a workout.
I stole a page from Curious George’s Juicy George episode when he adds a radish as a secret ingredient to his red juice. It adds a nice little kick to this smoothie.
If you want to add some protein powder or yogurt, be my guest. But you may need to add a bit more juice to thin it if you use powder. You may also want to sweeten it with a bit of honey or agave syrup if you want it a bit sweeter. My oranges and apples were on the sweet side so I left them out.
Smoothies are notorious for thickening upon standing, so make this just before you are ready to drink it.
Zesty Green Smoothie
- 2 oranges
- 1 apple
- 1 handful spinach or other mild green
- 1-2 radishes
- 1-2 tablespoons moringa leaves or powder, optional
- Juice oranges, core and chop apple into chunks, trim root and stem from radishes.
- Add ingredients to the blender in order given and process until smooth.
- Smoothie will thicken upon standing so drink immediately.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.