Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri is a frosty combination of fresh strawberries and lime juice, perfect for any celebration with or without the rum.
Sure, you can buy a premade daiquiri mix at the store. But, when cocktails are as easy as this, you really don't need to.
Plus, making it at home lets you adjust the drinks to your taste. Want it sweeter? add more simple syrup. Want it a bit more tart? add another splash or two of lime juice.
What type of glasses to use for a Daiquiri
There is no "daiquiri" glass.
Since this is a frozen drink, blended with the ice instead of just shaken with it, you want something larger.
Sugar Free and Alcohol Free Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
These are fairly obvious variations, but I am posting them here to pad my SEO (blogger's are laughing).
Sugar Free Daiquiri - Traditionally, the drink is made with simple syrup made with sugar. You can swap it for a mild tasting sugar free syrup like agave syrup (I wouldn't use honey or maple syrups because of the stronger taste). You can also make your own simple syrup with water and a powdered sugar free substitute like monkfruit or stevia.
Alcohol Free Daiquiri - You can also leave out the alcohol and swap it for water. But, that leaves out the warm rum undertones. A teaspoon or two of rum extract would help, or chose an alcohol free rum substitute. I have not tried it, but have heard great reviews of the Ritual brand.
More Valentine's Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Celebrate a romantic dinner for two or a fun family love fest with these recipes:
Celebrating Valentine's Day
- Chicken Chasseur from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chocolate Covered Oreos from Art of Natural Living
- Chocolate Strawberry Kabobs from Jen Around the World
- Red Velvet Shortbread Cookies from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Strawberry and Cream Rolls from Magical Ingredients
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- ¼ cup sugar or powdered sugar substitute (stevia, monkfruit, etc.)
- ½ cup water
- 2½ cup fresh strawberries (hulled)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces light rum
- 6-8 large ice cubes
- lime wheels and/or fresh strawberries (garnish)
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and water over medium heat, stirring until the sweetener dissolves completely, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the strawberries, lime juice, rum, and ¼ cup simple syrup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- While the blender is running, add one or two ice cubes at a time blending until thoroughly combined before adding more. Taste and add additional simple syrup, if desired, and blend for another 30 seconds to combine.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately garnished with lime wheels and/or whole strawberries.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Frozen Drink Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!