This Ginger Peach Wine Slushies help you cool off with a grown up taste.
I went on a wine slushy kick this summer making Strawberry Rosemary Wine Slushies for Harvest2U and these Ginger Peach Wine Slushies. Watermelon is coming next!
There is no ice in here to water down the drink. Instead I froze some very ripe fresh peach slices I got from my neighbor's tree. Bonus: frozen peaches blend more easily than ice!
I chose not to sweeten mine, but you can add a little simple syrup, honey or agave if you want it sweeter. The choice will largely depend on the ripeness of the fruit and the wine.
What type of wine should I use for wine slushies?
You can use any wine you like.
I went with an orange moscato.
Rose or white would probably be better here than a red wine, simply because the red color might muddy the peach color. But if you prefer reds, go for it!
You could even chose an alcohol free wine if that's your thing.
Enjoy one of summer's sweetest treat with these delightful peach recipes.
- Grilled Peaches with Candied Ginger Ice Cream by Our Good Life
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon Bellies with Summery Peach-Tomato Salsa by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peach Ginger Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Peach Margarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Peach Pie by Art of Natural Living
- Peach Shortcakes with Candied Pecans by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Stone Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Ginger Peach Wine Slushies
- 1 large ripe peach
- 1 slice fresh ginger (peeled)
- 4-5 ounces Moscato (or other white wine)
- simple syrup, agave syrup or honey (optional )
- Cut peach into chunks, discard pit. Freeze in a single layer at least 1 hour.
- Add wine, peaches and ginger to the blender. Pulse a few times to start to break up the peaches. Start blending on low and gradually increase speed until peach and ginger are thoroughly blended.
- Optional: add simple syrup to taste.