Citrus Peach Red Wine Spritzer is a refreshing fruity summer cocktail with just four simple ingredients.
There are only four ingredients in this drink besides crushed ice:
- red wine (I chose a local cabernet sauvignon)
- orange bitters (look in the liquor department of your grocery store)
- fresh peach slices (or frozen to replace some of the ice)
- peach or citrus soda or flavored sparkling water
What kind of wine to use for a red wine spritzer?
What kind of red wine do you like?
Martha Stewart suggests Pinot Noir, Grenache or Gamay. I used a local Cabernet Sauvignon, because I prefer a dry wine with this. If you want it sweet use a Lambrusco or a Zinfandel.
If you really don't like red wine, go for your favorite white or rose.
What kind of soda would be good in a wine spritzer?
This is NOT a sponsored post! I originally made this with Peach Citrus Fresca and it was the perfect match. But, then Covid hit. I haven't been able to find it since.
As a replacement you can use any citrus flavored soda, and maybe some peach nectar (juice) for a little extra peachiness.
Or go for more peach flavor and use a peach soda or sparkling water and a few more dashes of the bitters.
Citrus Peach Red Wine Spritzer
- red wine (chilled)
- peach citrus soda or other citrus soda or peach sparking water (chilled)
- fresh or frozen peach slices
- orange bitters
- Fill a tall glass half way with ice.
- Add a few peach slices.
- Add 2-4 ounces of chilled red wine.
- Fill glass with chilled soda/seltzer.
- Add a few splashes of bitters.
- Stir to blend, crushing peaches slightly.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Summer Drink Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!