Do you think of watermelon as just a summertime snack? If you're looking to level up your cooking game this summer, then look no further than this delicious no cook watermelon gazpacho recipe.
Packed with healthy and refreshing ingredients, this is a recipe that both your taste buds and your body will love. Not only is it easy to make, but it's a dish that's perfect for hot summer days and nights.
Get ready for a dish so full of flavor, you won't want to share.
Gazpacho is a cold Spanish soup, traditionally made with tomatoes as the base. I love this easy no fuss recipe.
But, I also like to make it with a variety of other fruits and vegetables for a lovely naturally sweet cold soup with a spicy kick.
The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled, but you may need to make it in batches. My blender only held half of a "personal sized" watermelon.
Ingredients for Watermelon Gazpacho
- watermelon - or other melon if you prefer
- red bell pepper (to compliment the red melon, you can use any color you prefer)
- yellow onion - or white or red
- garlic - fresh is best
- almonds - optional, but it adds some protein and creaminess as well as binding the soup together.
- smoked paprika - sweet is okay, but you may want to consider a dash of liquid smoke if you do.
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- French bread - gluten free or omit the bread and use more almonds for binding if you need gluten free or low carb
- rice vinegar - or other mild vinegar like sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar)
- olive oil
- 6 cups watermelon (cubed)
- ½ large cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- ½ large red pepper (seeded)
- ¼ large yellow onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- ½ cup french bread (torn into pieces (gluten free if desired))
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or sherry vinegar or white wine vingar)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup almonds (optional)
- Put the watermelon, cucumber, pepper, onions and garlic into a blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth.
- Add spices and bread (and almonds if using) puree until completely smooth.
- Drizzle in vinegar and olive oil.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Until next time, happy eating.