Nothing says Thanksgiving to me more than Antipasto and Pate. Huh?
When you party with the Lalanne clan it is pretty easy to figure out the Pate part and our family recipe is oh so easy to make and delicious too. But the Antipasto, well I have to admit, I have no idea where the recipe came from originally. I don’t think it was from the Italian side of my family. It has always been served on the French side with the salad course at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Go figure.
A little research tells me this is technically a Calabrese Antipasto. Most recipes call for cauliflower and carrots, but our version has never had any fresh stuff in it. It also doesn’t need any cooking, just dump everything together and chill before serving.
It is traditionally served “before pasta”, but as I said above we have it with the salad course before the turkey at Thanksgiving or ham at Christmas. It would also make a good appetizer on some crackers or crostini. Or just eat it straight out of the bowl like I do, ooops, uh, strike that last comment.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as well as all of the delicious ones from the other bloggers in the Tasty Tuesdays Link Up at the bottom of the page and the delicious Thanksgiving and Christmas dessert recipes on the Ultimate Cookie and Goodie Virtual Party (plus CASH GIVEAWAY)!
This month Sydney from Tastefully Frugal and Audrey from That Recipe are the co-hosts of this party!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.