Out of the blue J walked out of class one afternoon and immediately asked if we could make carrot cake. I was exhausted, but carrot cake is my favorite so it didn’t take much to convince me.
I pulled out a recipe I’d created awhile ago from a combination of recipes so I could update the photos and put it in the new recipe format.
We had all of the ingredients except coconut, which J doesn’t like anyway. Usually he doesn’t like nuts either, so I planned on just adding them to some. But when he saw them on the counter he insisted on putting them in all of them. Twist my arm.
Since it was before Valentine’s Day I used a heart shape pan, plus some mini cupcakes to keep me from devouring too much at once. Well, that was the plan
Everyone loved them, and no one noticed that these have far less oil and added sugar than most carrot cake recipes. I actually like it better than many heavier carrot cake recipes.
But the absolute best part of this recipe is the Pineapple Cream Cheese Icing. Seriously, I could eat it straight. But I didn’t. I mean if there happened to be a little bit extra I might have spread some on some crackers, but its not like a stuck my finger in the container and ate it like that. At least not in front of witnesses.
Be sure to scroll down past the recipe to see what other goodies are being shared this week on the Tasty Tuesdays Linkup.
Jennifer from Simple Hacks Living and Audrey from That Recipe will be the co-hosts for this party for February! They will help Tammy from Creative K Kids in pinning and commenting on your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.