I snagged a lovely roast on sale at the store and was craving a tender “Sunday” roast. You know the kind that cooks in a 225-250 degree oven for HOURS to tender juicy perfection. Unfortunately, it was 100 plus degrees outside. And I did not want to turn on the oven.
Hey wait! How hot does a slow cooker get? 190 degrees on low 250 degrees on high. BINGO!
Time for some warnings. In my 6 quart slow cooker with a 2.5 pound roast and about 2 pounds of vegetables it took a little over 2 hours on high. BUT, all slow cookers are different. I really recommend reading that little booklet that came with yours that you probably threw away. If that’s the case check the manufacturer’s website, they probably have it.
Luckily mine came with a temperature probe, which I truthfully never thought I’d use when I bought it. I am now a convert! I stuck it into my roast and let the slow cooker do the calculating for me. I just made sure to time it so I’d have an extra 30 minutes in case it took longer than my guesstimate. If you are interested, this is the one I have and love (affiliate link).
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey at That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for September.
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.