Who needs some new cookie recipes for this Holiday Season? Pull out your cookie press and make these easy and beautiful gluten-free Almond Cherry Spritz Cookies.
I love using my cookie press, which is almost as old as I am. It still works fine so why replace it.
Most spritz cookie recipes I've tried are crunchy, but these are soft and chewy. I think I might like this version better than the one I usually use.
These Almond Cherry Spritz Cookies are loaded with almond flavor thanks to the almond flour and dash of almond extract. Combine that with cherry and I am one happy happy baker!
More Christmas Cookie Recipes to Fill the Cookie Jar
Almond Cherry Spritz Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- glace cherries (or maraschino cherries, well drained)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut cherries in half.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg and almond extract to to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Beat in almond flour mixture.
- Put dough in cookie press and press cookies per manufacturer's instructions. Add cherry half for decoration.
- Bake at 325 degrees until just beginning to turn brown on edges, about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies rest about 1 minute then move from baking sheet to cooling rack.
More Cookie Recipes
Get more Christmas cookie recipes in our ebook Bake the Season Bright available on Amazon Kindle.
Until next time, happy eating!