Who needs some new cookie recipes for this Holiday Season? Pull out your cookie press and make these easy and beautiful gluten-free Almond Cherry Spritz Cookies.
I love using my cookie press, which is almost as old as I am. It still works fine so why replace it. Most spritz cookies are crunchy, but these are soft and chewy. I think I might like this version better than the one I usually use.
They are loaded with almond flavor thanks to the almond flour and dash of almond extract. Combine that with cherry and I am one happy happy baker!
Be sure to scroll past the recipe to see other delicious Christmas cookie recipes from the Fill the Cookie Jar bloggers.
Almond Cherry Spritz Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- glace cherries (or maraschino cherries, well drained)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut cherries in half.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg and almond extract to to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Beat in almond flour mixture.
- Put dough in cookie press and press cookies per manufacturer's instructions. Add cherry half for decoration.
- Bake at 325 degrees until just beginning to turn brown on edges, about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies rest about 1 minute then move from baking sheet to cooling rack.
Get more Christmas cookie recipes in our ebook Bake the Season Bright available on Amazon Kindle.
Until next time, happy eating!