These Bizcochitos may be my new favorite Christmas cookie, a shortbread cookie studded with crushed anise seeds and topped with cinnamon sugar. So crisp and flavorful.
Today is reveal day for the recipes for the #FBLCookieExchange organized by the awesome crew at Triple Chocolate Kitchen. I am excited to see and pin the recipes for the cookies I received.
Be sure to scroll to the bottom to see all of the recipes by all of the bloggers. I am sure you will find something to tickle your taste buds... in addition to these Bizcochitos of course.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-4 tablespoons brandy, red wine or sherry
- 1 teaspoon crushed anise seeds
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add ⅔ cup sugar and beat until combined. Add egg, brandy and anise seeds and mix until combined. Gradually add flour mixture. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° . Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch. Cut with a 2" cutter. Press the top in cinnamon sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Get more Christmas cookie recipes in our ebook Bake the Season Bright available on Amazon Kindle.