Who needs some new cookie recipes for this Holiday Season? Pull out your cookie press and make these easy and beautiful gluten-free Almond Cherry Spritz Cookies.
I love using my cookie press, which is almost as old as I am. It still works fine so why replace it?
But, if I were to buy a new one, this one from OXO has good reviews.
Most spritz cookie recipes I've tried are crunchy, but these are soft and chewy. I think I might like this version better than the one I usually use.
Ingredients for Almond Cherry Spritz Cookies
These Almond Cherry Spritz Cookies are loaded with almond flavor thanks to the almond flour and dash of almond extract.
For the cherry, I prefer glace cherries, the ones with the fruitcake mix not maraschino cherries. If you want to use maraschino cherries instead, be sure to drain completely and blot dry so the cherry juice doesn't seep into the cookies and make a mess.
Other than that the ingredients are your basic baking ingredients: butter, sugar, egg, baking powder, and salt.
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- glace cherries (or maraschino cherries, well drained)
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Cut cherries in half.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg and almond extract to to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Beat in almond flour mixture.
- Put dough in cookie press and press cookies per manufacturer's instructions. Add cherry half for decoration.
- Bake at 325° F until just beginning to turn brown on edges, about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies rest about 1 minute then move from baking sheet to cooling rack.
More Cookie Recipes
Get more Christmas cookie recipes in our ebook Bake the Season Bright available on Amazon Kindle.
Until next time, happy eating!