The flavors of apples and cinnamon really shine in this Apple Walnut Snack Cake. It makes a delicious after school snack, breakfast or dessert (we enjoyed it for all three 😉 ).
This recipe is adapted from my mom’s original cookbook that became this blog. I reduced the fat and sugar a bit and grated the apples instead of slicing them since my picky eater does not like chunks of fruit in anything.
The result was even better than I imagined. It was beautifully moist but not greasy and was an apple flavored cake instead of a spice cake with chunks of apple in it.
Use any type of apple you like best. I used four Gala apples we got from our local CSA.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”The flavors of apples and cinnamon really shine in this Apple Walnut Snack Cake. #applecake #applerecipe #snackcake” quote=”The flavors of apples and cinnamon really shine in this Apple Walnut Snack Cake.” theme=”style2″]
Apple Walnut Snack Cake
- 4 cups apples grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" square pan.
- Put apples in a large bowl. Sift dry ingredients over apples.
- Add oil, eggs, vanilla and 1 cup of nuts.
- Stir until all ingredients are evenly moist. Pour into baking pan.
- Bake until firm and lightly browned.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.