These easy Apple Fritter Bites make a delicious Autumn dessert or snack.
I called these Apple Fritter bites because they aren't exactly like the large apple fritters you get at the donut shop. Though you could use this recipe to make them if you add a ladle full of batter instead of tablespoonful.
I like these bite sized ones better because they fry faster. Less time in the oil, less fat absorbed. And then there is the whole portion control issue. One or maybe two mini donuts have less calories than a jumbo one, amiright?
Apple Fritter Bites
- 1 pound apples
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- oil for frying
- cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar (optional)
- Peel, core and finely chop the apples. In a large frying pan, heat the 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add apples and saute a few minutes until soft. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and remove from the pan.
- Clean the pan, add frying oil and heat to 375F.
- While oil is heating, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk milk, eggs and 1 tablespoon of oil in a smaller bowl (or in the measuring cup) until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the apple pieces.
- Drop the apple batter into the hot oil by the spoonful and fry until golden brown. Don't overcrowd the pot. Give the oil a chance to heat back up between batches.
- Remove the fritters and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar as soon as the fritters are cool enough to handle.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.