This refreshing Honeyed Berry Orange Bubble Tea is so much fun to drink with the pearls of tapioca in the bottom. And this version is dairy free and has no added sugar making it pretty guilt free too.
I first had boba, aka bubble tea or milk tea, long before it became popular and was available in every mall in the US. We’d often get them at lunch with our pho or banh mi sandwiches. One of the benefits of working near Little Saigon!
With National Bubble Tea Day coming up on April 30th, I thought I’d try to make it at home. If you can boil water you can make it from scratch. Though there are syrups you can buy to make it at home as well.
The hard part for me was finding the boba – tapioca pearls. I didn’t have time to run over to the Asian market across town, so I just ordered these pretty colored ones from Amazon (<–affiliate link, I may receive a commission for any purchases through that link). There is no flavor difference between these or any other color (tapioca is basically flavorless), but I thought the colors were fun. And while you are ordering the boba, you probably want to pick up the fat straws to slurp up the pearls as you drink the tea.
I left it dairy free this time, using just tea and juice, but you are welcome to add a little sweetened condensed milk (or dairy free milk) if you desire.Enjoy this refreshing and healthy Berry Orange Bubble Tea at home any time. Click To Tweet
- 1/4 cup uncooked boba tapioca pearls
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup strong berry or orange tea chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice chilled
- 1-2 fresh strawberries mashed
- 2-3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk optional
Prepare the pearls according to the package directions. Put in a small bowl with honey and chill until ready to serve
In a tall glass combine tea, orange juice and strawberries (plus milk if using). Add ice if desired.
Add cooled pearls and stir before serving.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.