Need a fun recipe for a Halloween party? These Cream Cheese Wonton Bats make a simple and festive Halloween appetizer.
These wonton bats are simple to make and versatile too. You can go with the cream cheese recipe below or maybe pizza filling like these, or opt for dessert and sweeten the cream cheese with some powdered sugar and use candy eyes.
I baked mine because I did not have enough oil in the house to fry them. You only need to fry them for a few minutes, just until the wontons crisp up so they do not absorb a lot of fat.
This is yet another reason I want an air fryer, because I would definitely have used it for these.
You can make them ahead of time and recrisp them in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
Halloween Party Recipes
- Cream Cheese Wonton Bats by That Recipe
- Easy Mummy Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Graveyard Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats by Family Around the Table
- Meringue Ghost Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Pasta and Eyeballs by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Easy Cream Cheese Wonton Bats make a festive Halloween party appetizer everyone will love.
- 1 package wonton wrappers gluten free if desired
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1-2 green onions finely chopped
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- oil for frying optional
- 1 small can sliced black olives
Set aside 2 heaping tablespoons of cream cheese. In a medium bowl beat together the remaining cream cheese, green onions and a few dashes of hot pepper sauce until blended.
Place a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper.
Dip fingers in a small cup of water and moisten around the cream cheese. Fold into a triangle and press to seal. Fold the middle corner down, moistening if needed to get it to stick.
To Bake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place wontons on sheet and spray lightly. Bake until lightly brown on the outside.
To Fry: Heat oil to 375 degrees. Slide wontons into the oil a few at a time and cook until wontons are crispy on the outside 2-3 minutes.
Stick the olive slices on with cream cheese for the eyes.