Who needs a recipe for a scrumptious holiday dessert that is sugar free, gluten free and casein free? Behold the Grain Free Figgy Pudding!
What is Figgy Pudding anyway? Isn’t it hard to make? If it is free of sugar and grains does it taste like cardboard?
Figgy Pudding is simply a combination of dried fruits and spices boiled together to make a traditional Christmas dessert. (Flaming brandy sauce is optional.) This recipe from Nourishing Holiday, Grain Free Gut Healing Recipes for Every Occasion is not only easy to make it derives all of its sweetness from the fruit and honey.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Need a fabulous but healthy (and grain free) dessert for the holidays? Try this easy Figgy Pudding recipe. #Dessert #recipes #Christmas” quote=”Need a fabulous but healthy (and grain free) dessert for the holidays? Try this easy Figgy Pudding recipe. #Dessert #recipes #Christmas” theme=”style2″]
Grain Free Figgy Pudding
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped figs (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 cup dates
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter (Replace with ghee for casein-free option)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease four one-cup ramekins.
- Combine figs, dates, and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Turn heat down and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the container of a high-powered blender, add baking soda, and blend on high until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan and add honey, butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon and whisk until combined.
- Add coconut flour and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in raisins.
- Pour the batter evenly into prepared ramekins, filling each just over halfway.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Top with sliced figs and serve warm.