If you’re looking for the ultimate comfort food, you’ve come to the right place! This chocolate pecan banana bread recipe is guaranteed to knock the socks off of even the pickiest eater.
Combining chocolate, crunchy pecans, and sweet bananas into one delicious dessert, this indulgent treat will have them asking for seconds and thirds.
But don’t be fooled by its flavor – this recipe is surprisingly easy and quick to make!
In just an hour, you can surprise your loved ones with a homemade champion of the dessert world that they’ll be sure to rave about.
So step aside, plain banana bread – you don’t stand a chance against this chocolatey, nutty twist!
Ingredients for Chocolate Pecan Banana Bread
The ingredients are just what you'd expect:
- all purpose flour
- vegetable oil or melted butter
- chocolate chips
- baking powder, baking soda and salt
You can substitute gluten free flour, a sugar substitute suitable for baking, egg substitute as you wish. I made mine with the ingredients as listed.
More Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Celebrate World Baking Day with these wonderful recipes:
All About Baking
- Candied Ginger Orange Scones from Blogghetti
- Chunky Oatmeal Date Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Key Lemon Pie from Art of Natural Living
- Orange Poppy Seed Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pizza Burger Bomb from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Popovers from Karen's Kitchen Stories
Chocolate Pecan Banana Bread
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 ½ cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease one 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch bread pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a whisk.
- In a larger bowl, beat oil and sugar together until creamy. Beat in eggs and bananas.
- Add the flour in 2 equal parts beating until smooth. Add chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour into prepared bread pan and bake in preheated oven until brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, approximately 60 minutes.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
more quick bread recipes
Until next time, happy eating!