I have a wonderfully easy homemade treat for you today: Honey Lavender Scones. Slightly sweet and flowery and oh so delicious.
Scones are really nothing more than biscuits with more fat, usually from extra butter and cream.
If you don’t have, or don’t like lavender, omit it. My 9 year old taste tester assured me the plain Honey Scones were delicious.
The recipe came from The Apple Orchard by Susan Wiggs. It is a modern romance with flashbacks to WWII Denmark and quite a few recipes throughout.
Honey Lavender Scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats quick or old fashioned
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary lavender flowers
- 1 Large egg slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter and add lavender.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured board. Shape into a circle about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly brown.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Scone Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.