Honey Roasted Figs topped with yogurt cheese (labneh) and pistachios makes a wonderfully healthy dessert. It offers a delicious blend of flavors and textures: naturally sweet figs and honey with tangy creamy cheese and crunchy pistachios.
Here's a super simple healthy dessert that just takes a little preplanning before serving. The yogurt cheese really should strain for at least 12- 24 hours (longer is better).
No sugar is needed for this dessert. Roasting the figs intensifies their natural sweetness and the accent of honey makes it sweet enough. The labneh and pistachios provide a nice balance of flavors and texture.
What is Labneh?
Labneh is a soft cheese made from strained yogurt. It is easy to make at home by simply adding a bit of salt and straining the excess whey with the help of a strainer and some cheesecloth.
I like to spread it on toast or crackers like cream cheese.
If you don’t have time to prepare the labneh for this recipe, you can substitute goat cheese or quickly blend some yogurt and cream cheese as an alternative.
Honey Roasted Figs
Yogurt Cheese (Labneh)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 8 large ripe figs
- 2 tablespoons raw unfiltered honey (plus more for serving)
- ¼ cups pistachios (chopped)
Yogurt Cheese (Labneh)
- To make the yogurt cheese, combine yogurt and salt in a small bowl (or the measuring cup - less dishwashing!) and stir until blended.
- Line a metal strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and position strainer over a large, deep bowl. Pour yogurt into cheesecloth and let drain for at least 12 hours, 24 hours or more is better. The longer you strain it the firmer the texture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Slice figs in half lengthwise and place on baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle with honey.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until soft and golden. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Top each roasted fig with a spoonful of fresh labneh and chopped pistachios. Drizzle with more honey and serve immediately.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
Until next time, happy eating!