Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Pie with Dark Chocolate Sauce is a homey dessert everyone is sure to love.
This pie is a taste of my childhood growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you are from there, you know what I mean. “It’s-It and That’s That!” The It’s It Ice Cream Sandwich is a simple delicious frozen treat that originally consisted of two oatmeal cookies, vanilla ice cream and dipped in dark chocolate. Oh my! I would try to convince my parents to let me have one whenever I go the chance.
If you want a bit truer It’s-It experience with this pie use Magic Shell on top, or mix your chocolate sauce with a little coconut oil so it will harden when it gets cold. I went for simple fudge sauce drizzled on before serving.
I was going to make the oatmeal cookies using the recipe on the container of Quaker Oats (it’s the best!). But, I spied a 24 pack of oatmeal raisin cookies on the discount bakery rack for $1. I couldn’t resist that deal.
If Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Pie isn’t your thing, maybe you will enjoy one of these other recipes from the Our Family Table bloggers:
Ice Cream Pie Day
- Banana Split Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cap’N Crunch Ice Cream Pie by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Coffee Fudge Ice Cream Pie by Art of Natural Living
- Oatmeal Cookie Pie with Fudge Sauce by That Recipe
- Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Pie by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by Our Good Life
Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Pie with dark chocolate sauce is reminiscent of an It's-It ice cream sandwich. Delicious and simple dessert for any occasion.
- 18 oatmeal cookies (about 3" diameter)
- 1/4 cup butter. melted
- 56 ounce vanilla ice cream (softened until easily spoonable)
- 1 bottle fudge ice cream topping (or caramel, if preferred)
In a food processor, process 12 of the cookies until almost flour like. Add melted butter and burst a few times until blended.
Press crust into an 8" pie crust.
Scoop in the ice cream and spread evenly.
Crumble remaining cookies on top of the ice cream.
Refreeze until the ice cream is hard.
Slice and drizzle with fudge sauce to serve.
Have extra cookies on hand in case you want a thicker crust or more on top.