There is something magical about homemade ice cream in summer time. This easy No-Churn Salted Caramel Pecan Ice Cream satisfies your sweet and salty cravings in one delicious bowl.
I have this wonderful non-electric ice cream maker (affiliate link, I may receive a commission for purchases through this link). Unfortunately the canister has to be frozen overnight so it takes a little preplanning. Not always easy with my ice cream loving crew.
This no churn method eliminates the need for an ice cream maker by whipping the cream to stiff peaks first then folding it into the remaining ingredients and freezing. The result is a rich and creamy dessert just like you would expect from more traditional methods.
This recipe combines a luscious homemade salted caramel and pecans in a rich vanilla base. Which is perfect for those that love a sweet salty mix.
We also have a few other ice cream recipes you may enjoy as well:
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Celebrate summer with this rich and creamy no-churn Salted Caramel Pecan Ice Cream. #nochurnicecream ” quote=”Celebrate summer with this rich and creamy no-churn Salted Caramel Pecan Ice Cream.” theme=”style2″]
No-Churn Salted Caramel Pecan Ice Cream
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- ½ cup heavy cream (warmed)
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel salt
Ice cream base
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces chopped pecans
- In a heavy bottom saucepan combine sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Continue boiling until the mixture turns a deep amber color, then slowly whisk in the warmed cream until thoroughly incorporated. Remove from heat and add salt and butter. Stir until butter is totally incorporated into the mixture. Transfer to a serving dish or storage container and allow to cool.
Ice Cream Base
- Whip the heavy cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a bowl and add the vanilla extract.
- Add one scoop of the whipped cream to the bowl of condensed milk and mix it in. Then gently fold the rest of the whipped cream into the now lightened condensed milk. Fold in the remaining whipped cream into the mixture. Do not over mix.
- Pour half of the whipped cream/condensed milk mixture into an 8” loaf pan. Drizzle the cooled salted caramel sauce over the milk mixture and spread the chopped pecans evenly over the entire surface. Top with remaining whipped cream/condensed milk.
- Use a butter knife to incorporate the caramel sauce and pecans throughout the ice cream by pressing it down into the mixture and making sweeping “cuts” back and forth across the entire length of the pan.
- Cover with wax paper and press down to remove any air pockets. Place in freezer for a minimum of 6 hours, but preferably overnight. Store any remaining salted caramel sauce in an airtight container for up to one week.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.