This post is sponsored by Banza Pasta. I received compensation for incorporation in this dish. The recipe and thoughts are my own.
Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake is a homey comforting dish that is sure to be part of your meal rotation.
I adore baked pasta, but my son doesn’t like tomatoes. Other than on pizza, he avoids any tomato or tomato sauce. If I make lasagna, he scrapes the sauce off, sprinkles on some Parmesan and eats it like that.
He enjoyed the chicken and bacon white lasagna I made, so I switched that recipe up a bit to make it easier to prepare but with the same flavors.
Banza Pasta is a Gluten Free Dream
Banza Pasta makes delicious pasta in variety of different shapes out of chickpeas, making them gluten free. They are also vegan. A dream come true for pasta lovers everywhere. And, in case you were wondering, it cooks and tastes just like regular semolina pasta.
If you can’t find them in your local grocery stores, you can purchase directly from Banza online.
I chose the cavatappi (corkscrew) for this recipe, but penne or shells will also work.
National Slow Cooker Month
I love an easy one pot meal, especially when the pot is a slow cooker. I am celebrating #NationalSlowCookerMonth with a bunch of my food blogging friends. Check with us all week for delicious Slow Cooker dishes like these:
Monday’s Slow Cooker Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake by That Recipe
- Beef Short Ribs with Vegetables by Family Around the Table
- Easy Slow Cooker Lady Pea Cassoulet by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Homestyle Pork Roast (Slow Cooker) by Palatable Pastime
- Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Lentil Soup by Frugal & Fit
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Tomato Pasta Sauce by Savory Moments
- Slow Cooker Curried Lentil & Sausage Soup by The Spiffy Cookie
- Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwiches by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Casserole by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Pinto Bean and Chorizo Naan Bread Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sausage by Blogghetti
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chickpea Noodle Soup by Kate’s Recipe Box
Slow Cooker Week Giveaway
Contest runs 1/20/2020 at 12:00 a.m. till 1/27/2020 at 11:59 p.m.
The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #NationalSlowCookerMonth bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and contest is open only to US residents.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #NationalSlowCookerMonth posts or entry.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound Banza Gluten Free Cavatappi 2 boxes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put chicken, stock and seasonings in the crock of a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock and shred with two forks, or cut if preferred.
- Turn slow cooker to high, add cream cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar to the broth still in the crock. Stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shredded chicken and uncooked pasta to the crock and top with remaining cheese. Cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes until pasta is cooked and the cheese is melted.