Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes are loaded with warm spices and brown sugar to make a simple side dish for holidays or any night.
I am not a big fan of marshmallows on sweet potatoes because I grew up with these for Thanksgiving. Slightly sweet and loaded with aromatic spices this is a delicious holiday side dish that you can make any time.
Today Our Family Table Bloggers are featuring Make Ahead Thanksgiving dishes. To make these ahead of time you can boil the potatoes and mix everything in the casserole dish, then just pop it in the oven to heat while the main course is resting.
Make Ahead Recipes for Thanksgiving
- Brown Sugar Spiced Sweet Potatoes by That Recipe
- Make Ahead Buttermilk Dinner Rolls by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes by Cheese Curd In PAradise
- Pickled Onions by Art of Natural Living
- Yummy Yeast Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Spiced Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 4 pounds red skinned sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar (packed)
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (we always add a little extra)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut in pieces and boil until just fork tender. Drain water and put potatoes in a large casserole dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over potatoes. Stir gently.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes until everything is melted and warm and gooey.