Alfredo sauce is wonderfully rich and creamy and loaded with calories and fat making it a “sometimes” food. This Faux-fredo, aka White Bean Alfredo, is a healthier vegan alternative that I can enjoy anytime.
This week I have joined over 40 other bloggers for #RecipeMakeover. We will each be remaking some of our favorite recipes to make them healthier. Be sure to keep scrolling after the White Bean Alfredo recipe to see what some of the others have made.
We also have a $200 prize package:
- Butter-flavored coconut oil and digestive blend from our sponsor Barlean’s
- Sampler pack of original, mesquite, and applewood Smokin O’s from our sponsor Smokin O’s
- 4 flatbread pizzas from our sponsor American Flatbread
- 5 containers (48 oz) of ice cream from our sponsor Turkey Hill
- 15 tuna creations pouches from our sponsor StarKist
- Mueller Spiral-Ultra 4-Blade Spiralizer from blog hosts, The PinterTest Kitchen
Get all of the details and enter to win here.
White Bean Alfredo
Besides being healthier than traditional Alfredo sauce, this version whips up in a matter of minutes, making it a wonderfully quick weeknight meal.
The roasted garlic taste is wonderful, but truthfully it is missing the gooey cheesiness of true Alfredo. If you aren’t going vegan or vegetarian, feel free to add in some Parmesan cheese when heating the sauce.Garlicky Goodness - Vegan White Bean AlfredoClick To Tweet
Vegan Alfredo Sauce made with white beans.
- 1 can 15 ounce white beans cannelini, navy, small white, etc.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup almond or soy milk
- freshly ground nutmeg optional
- Drain and rinse white beans several times.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Sautee garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- In blender or food processor combine garlic, white beans, stock and millk until smooth.
- Pour bean mixture into saucepan, and heat thoroughly. Serve over pasta with freshly grated nutmeg if desired.