White Bean Alfredo is a healthier vegan alternative to traditional high fat Alfredo Sauce.
Besides being healthier than traditional Alfredo sauce, this Faux Fredo whips up in a matter of minutes. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
The roasted garlic taste is amazing! But, truthfully it is missing the gooey cheesiness of true Alfredo. If you aren't going vegan or vegetarian, feel free to add in some Parmesan cheese when heating the sauce for a texture closer to the original.
This week I have joined over 40 other bloggers for #RecipeMakeover. We will each be remaking some of our favorite recipes to make them healthier. Be sure to keep scrolling to the bottom of the page for more healthy recipes.
White Bean Alfredo Sauce
- 1 can 15 ounce white beans (cannelini, navy, small white, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup almond or soy milk
- freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
- Drain and rinse white beans several times.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Sautee garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- In blender or food processor combine garlic, white beans, stock and millk until smooth.
- Pour bean mixture into saucepan, and heat thoroughly. Serve over pasta with freshly grated nutmeg if desired.