Make your own Homemade Cajun Seasoning Mix by combining a few basic spices you probably already have in your spice cabinet to have loads of flavor ready when you need it.
I like to have a few basic spice mixes in the kitchen cupboard to grab for instant flavor to my cooking. It is much easier than grabbing 8 individual spice containers and adding each one to the dish. Start with the basic mix and add a little more of the individual spices if needed.
This is a somewhat mild version with a 1:9 ratio of salt to other spices, which is far lower than most commercial mixes. If you want it hotter add more of the peppers, or consider adding 2 teaspoons of white pepper.
This also makes a nice little gift. Put it in a pretty jar like the ones below and make a basket with some other spice mixes (like this amazing barbecue rib rub) or kitchen gadgets for a thoughtful hostess or teacher gift.
[click_to_tweet tweet="Spice up your favorite dishes with this Homemade Cajun Seasoning Mix. Makes a great gift. #giftsinajar #spicemix #cajunseasoning" quote="Spice up your favorite dishes with this Homemade Cajun Seasoning Mix. Makes a great gift. " theme="style2"]
Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 2 ½ tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small jar.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Lisa from Blogghetti (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
This week I am sharing my Baked Spaghetti, 4 Cheese Stuffed Shells and Eggplant Parmigiana. Have a lovely evening! Thanks for hosting.