This Dandelion Green Soup is a flavorful way to enjoy some healthy dark leafy green vegetables.
We all know we should be eating more dark leafy green vegetables, right? They are loaded with fiber, cartenoids, folate, vitamins C and K plus some iron and calcium for good measure. But the problem with Dandelion Greens is they are one of the more bitter greens. This recipe is a fabulous way to enjoy them.Eat your weeds with this delicious and healthy Dandelion Green Soup. #dandeliongreens #eatyourgreens Click To Tweet
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cups dandelion leaves from young plants chopped
- 4 Small white potatoes thinly sliced
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- 1 leek white parts only (1/4 inch slice)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring stock to a boil, add dandelions and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the stock and return to the pot.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery and leeks and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5-10 minutes. Add yogurt and butter and cook until soup is reheated, add salt and pepper to taste.
Until next time, happy eating.