I have the perfect recipe for junior detectives: Nate the Great’s Pancakes. The very same pancakes made by Nate the Great during the solving of all his mysteries.
Today I am posting a two for one Nate the Great fest. Over on Munofore I have a bunch of fun activities for aspiring young detectives.
For those of you not in the know Nate the Great is a marvelous series of books for young readers by Marjorie Sharmat. Nate is a boy detective that solves such important mysteries for his friends as finding a Mushy Valentine, a Boring Beach Bag, and a six legged purple rubber octopus which was being used as third base.
At least once in each story, usually when Nate is stumped, he makes himself pancakes. In Nate the Great and Me: The Case of the Fleeing Fang, Nate reveals his “secret pancake” recipe, as well as one for Latkes and Strawberry Milk Shakes.
So, I decided it was time for me to “let it go” and allow my 8 year old son to not only mix the batter, but actually cook the pancakes himself. He was nervous and so was I, but he did it!
And then we did some detective work.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.