With just a few simple ingredients you can whip up this easy Sausage and Mushroom Pasta Sauce for a hearty flavorful meal for your family in less than 30 minutes.
This pasta sauce was one of the best I have ever had if I do say so myself. And it was just thrown together without a recipe with what I had in the kitchen.
I resisted the urge to add any spices to it, relying solely on those in the Italian hot sausage. It was hard for me, but the sauce didn’t need it in the end. Feel free to throw in some fresh chopped garlic or Italian herbs (parsley, oregano basil, etc.)
Don’t like mushrooms? Leave them out or maybe add some bell peppers when sauteing the sausage instead.
Want tomato chunks instead of a smooth sauce? Use stewed tomatoes for one or both of the cans of tomato sauce. It’s pasta sauce, not rocket science people!
Need more weeknight fast meals? Subscribe today and get our Dinner in 30 minutes mini ebook for FREE.
Sausage and Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- 1 pound hot Italian Sausage links
- 1 small chopped yellow onion about 1 cup
- 6 ounce can mushroom pieces or fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans low sodium tomato sauce or stewed tomato chunks or one of each 15 ounce size
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Squeeze the sausage out of the casings in large pieces (like meatballs) into a large sauce pan. Turn heat to medium and begin to brown.
- When sausage is about 1/2 cooked, 2-3 minutes, add onions and mushrooms. Continue cooking another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until sauce has thickened. Serve over pasta.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.