Here’s one of my favorite family friendly meals that can be made right at the table: Alcohol Free Cheese Fondue.
Normally Cheese Fondue is made with a dry white wine, like a Chablis. You are definitely welcome to make it that way if you desire. But, this version tastes fabulous without the alcohol.
I originally made mine with just chicken stock and it was a little flat. All it took was a little vinegar mixed in to give it that slight tang you would get from the wine. I wouldn’t use white vinegar (too sour) or balsamic (could color the cheese), but would stick with a milder and sweeter rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
Choose a gluten free bread, or go with just vegetables, for a gluten free treat. And vegetarians can use vegetable stock or apple juice.
I like to cook it in the electric skillet at the table, then scoop the sauce into small bowls for each person.
Oh and did I mention that it takes about 15-20 minutes including time to grate the cheese and chop the vegetables? Perfect for a weeknight meal!
Alcohol Free Cheese Fondue - all the fun and deliciousness of cheese fondue without the alcohol. Gluten free and vegetarian options.
- 1/2 pound swiss cheese grated
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large garlic clove cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups chicken stock or apple juice
- 1+ tablespoon mild vinegar rice or apple cider for example
- 1 loaf French Bread (gluten free if desired) cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- assorted vegetables such as mushrooms broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, etc. cut into bite sized pieces or strips
- Combine both grated cheeses and coat with cornstarch.
- Heat skillet on high and rub with cut sides of the garlic.
- Pour in stock or apple juice and vinegar. Heat until bubbling but not boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add cheese mixture one handful at a time, stirring constantly. Make sure each addition of cheese is dissolved before adding more.
- Serve with bread and vegetables.
We always cook this at the table in an electric skillet.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.