If you need a fabulous potato side dish for the holidays, or an easy meatless meal for a weeknight, this Cheesy Potato Casserole is perfect! Oooey gooey cheesiness, ready in less than an hour.
This can easily be prepped ahead of time, refrigerated and put in the oven while the ham or turkey or goose or lamb or tofurkey is resting. You will need to bake it longer since you will be cold to start.
Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole is a great side dish for any holiday or special occasion, and it is ready in less than hour making it a nice meatless weeknight meal.
- 3-4 pounds potatoes peeled and cut in half
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated (divided use)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated (divided use)
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped (some reserved for serving if desired)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a large casserole dish.
In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
While potatoes are cooking, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, milk, yogurt and salt and pepper until smooth.
Drain potatoes and rinse in cool water. Grate the potatoes
Add the grated potatoes, half of each of the cheeses, and the green onions to the bowl and fold gently until combined.
Spread potato mixture in the greased casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees until heated throughout and cheese is melted, about 35 minutes. Top with green onions if desired.
You can prepare this up until the final bake and keep covered in the fridge if desired. Allow additional baking time.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.