These Cherry Blueberry Cookie Cups are a fun treat for those summer patriotic holidays.
Since today would have been my dad’s birthday, it is appropriate that the basis of these cookies is one of his favorites, Cherry Nut Nuggets. I just used the dough for the cups, omitted the nuts and added some blueberry preserves.
And speaking of blueberry preserves, you can use any store bought version you like. Or if you want an absolutely incredible (and fast) recipe, check out Cupcake Rehab’s Blueberry Basil Preserves. Soooo good.
Cherry Blueberry Cookie Cups
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar blueberry preserves
- 1 jar Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream shortening and cheese together. Add sugar, egg and extract; mix thoroughly.
- Sift dry ingredients together and stir into creamed mixture. Chill dough.
- Divide dough into 48 pieces. Press each piece into a cup of a mini-muffin pan, press down in the middle and up on the sides to cover the entire cup with a well in the center.
- Drop a small teaspoon of blueberry jam into each cookie cup.
- Top with a cherry. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cookie just starts to turn brown.
Until next time, happy eating.