Do you love to order crispy Chicken Wontons when you see them on a menu as much as I do? They are actually quite simple to make at home.
Because these fry up so quickly, they do not have the chance to soak up a lot of oil. Especially if you have the oil at the correct temperature. So frying and baking are about the same amount of calories in this case.
But, more often than not I opt for baking since I do not like the mess of frying at home. Directions for both are below.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Make your take out favorites at home: homemade Crispy Chicken Wonton are so easy. #chinesefood #homemade #chickenrecipes” quote=”Make your take out favorites at home: homemade Crispy Chicken Wonton are so easy. #chinesefood #homemade #chickenrecipes” theme=”style2″]
- 1 lb minced chicken or pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil optional
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package won ton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Mix meat, salt, sesame oil, corn starch and white pepper.
- Lay out a won ton wrapper. Place about 1 teaspoon meat mixture in the center.
Brush a little water on the wrapper, around the meat to the edges. Bring all the sides of the wrapper up around the meat. Pinch together to seal. Or fold the wrapper diagonally to form triangles.
- Continue wrapping until all meat is used.
To fry: In a deep frying pan, heat oil to 350 F. Place won tons into hot oil. Fry till wrappers are golden. Remove from oil, drain on plate or colander lined with paper towels.
To bake (works best with triangles): Preheat oven to 400 F. Place wonton on wire rack placed on top of a rimmed cooking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn over and continue baking until brown.
- Serve as is, with sweet chili sauce, or sriracha sauce if preferred.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.