If you adore Chile Relleno but don’t like frying, here’s a tasty breakfast casserole with all the same fabuloso flavors.
This would be delicious for breakfast or brunch. I made it as a quick weeknight meal. Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings like salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole.
- 4 poblano chiles
- 4 oz cotija cheese
- 8 Large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese grated
- salsa for serving
- Place chiles on a broiler pan and broil until the skin begins to blacken and blister. Place in a small bowl and cover for about 5 minutes. Turn oven to 375 degrees.
- While chiles are steaming, in a medium bowl scramble eggs, milk and spices.
- Remove stem, seeds and skin from peppers. Stuff each with 1 ounce of Cotija cheese and place in a pie plate.
- Pour egg mixture over the peppers, top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees until done, 15-20 minutes. Serve with salsa.
This recipe can easily be doubled to feed a larger crowd. Use a 9 x 13" pan and allow a bit longer to bake.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.