These Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars are unlike most zucchini treat recipes that are laden with oil and sugar. Yet they are so delicious you won’t miss the flour, sugar or dairy. And did I mention they are vegan?
You can use your favorite type of summer squash to make this recipe. I actually used some yellow crookneck because it hides a little easier that the green zucchini. Mr. Picky will still eat it if I tell him it has zucchini in it, but if he can see it he won’t.
The almond butter and flour add a delightful nutty taste that pairs nicely with the chocolate. Then again, almost anything pairs nicely with chocolate.
In case you have a garden full of zucchini, here are some of my other favorite zucchini recipes:
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (or large egg) see note
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch square or round pan with cooking spray
- In a small bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl add almond butter, zucchini, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees oven for 25-30 minutes. Start checking at about 20 minutes.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.