Chocolate Crepes filled with chocolate hazelnut spread and fresh strawberries topped with whipped cream and more strawberries is a sweet way to say I love you to your family.
We’ve had a rough to start to the school year, so when National Cookbook Month came up and I saw the recipe for these chocolate crepes I knew we needed to enjoy these for a weekend breakfast.
Crepes are easy to make and can be frozen and reheated at a later time. So, I made a double batch and stored the rest in a zip to lock bag for an easy dessert or school morning breakfast later.
The Chocolate and Coffee Bible
This recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks The Chocolate and Coffee Bible by Catherine Atkinson, Mary Banks, Christine France and Christine McFadden. How can you not love a book about two of my favorite things? I have made many recipes from the book and all have been excellent.
The book is written for both British and American audiences with measurements and ingredients available in both regions. No trying to figure out that plain chocolate is semi sweet or a substitute for muscovado would be molasses.
There are over 300 recipes with everything from drinks to desserts with plenty of history and information on both coffee and chocolate. So, if you are a fan of one or both, pick up a copy today.
Other Recipes for National Cookbook Month
Jolene from Jolene’s Recipe Journal is hosting today’s party for National Cookbook Month. Hop over to these other posts to get the recipes and learn about some of our favorite cookbooks.
- Betty Crocker Blueberrry Muffins by Art of Natural Liviing
- BBQ Chicken Tortilla Wraps by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting by An Affair from the Heart
- Chickpea Tortilla Soup by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Crepes by That Recipe
- Joanna Gaines Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jen Around the World
- French Classics Made Easy: Savory Stuffed Crepes by Our Good Life
- German Chocolate Cookies by Blogghetti
- Helga’s Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Lima Beans with Bacon and Mustard by Food Lust People Love
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Vegan Green Loobia Polo by Magical Ingredients
- Wild Rice and Onion Bread by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- 1 ½ cup half and half (or milk)
- 2 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablesoons cocoa powder
- In a small sauce pan, heat half and half and chocolate chips over medium heat until chocolate melts.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into a blender and add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth
- Spray a small cast iron or non stick skillet (5-6 inches) with cooking spray or wipe with oil on a paper towel.
- To test if the pan is at the right temperature, place a tablespoon of batter in the middle, if it cooks completely in 20 seconds the pan is ready. Adjust the heat up or down if it cooks faster or slower.
- Respray pan if needed. Pour ¼ cup of batter into pan and swirl until completely coated. Cook for 20-30 seconds until crepe looks cooked and edges just begin to brown, flip, cook for another 20 seconds to brown the other side.
- Remove from pan place on a plate and cover with a clean towel to keep warm until finished cooking the remaining batter.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Crepes Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!