Summertime is the perfect time of year to mix up your salad routine with something fresh and delicious. If you’re looking for a tasty crowd-pleasing salad that won’t take long to prepare, this Tropical Watermelon Cucumber Salad is the perfect fit.
It’s a simple yet vibrant dish, with a unique combination of cucumber, watermelon, and arugula topped with lime and coconut.
Forget about boring salads for good and get ready to enjoy this refreshing and tasty cucumber watermelon salad!
This bright crisp salad is perfect for a variety of summer meals. Take it to a barbecue or picnic, serve it with grilled chicken or burgers.
Or make an entire meal out of it like I did.
The amounts below are estimates, I didn't actually measure anything when I threw this together. Use more watermelon if you like more watermelon, more arugula if you want it more of a vegetable salad instead of a fruit salad.
Arranging the ingredients neatly on a plate makes a lovely presentation. But, if you want to make it simpler, just toss everything together in a bowl and serve.
More Watermelon Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
When the temperatures are soaring and melons are in season, cool off with these refreshing watermelon recipes.
Wild About Watermelon
- Frozen Tropical Watermelon Aqua Fresca from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Gelo di Melone from Pandemonium Noshery
- Spicy Watermelon Rind Pickle from Magical Ingredients
- Tropical Watermelon Cucumber Salad from That Recipe
- Watermelon Martini from Art of Natural Living
- Watermelon Rum and Sparkling Wine Cocktail from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- 3 cups watermelon
- 1-2 medium cucumbers
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 lime
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Cut watermelon into bite sized pieces.
- Peel and thinly slice cucumbers.
- Zest the lime and cut in half.
- Arrange arugula on a plate and top with watermelon and cucumber.
- Drizzle lime juice over the salad, sprinkle with lime zest and coconut. Serve.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Until next time, happy eating!