Do you need a healthy and tasty soup that cooks up in under 30 minutes and will leave you filling satisfied? How about vegan, vegetarian, low fat and/or gluten free? Then you are going to love this Creamy Carrot and Lemongrass Soup.
This soup is based on Carrot and Ginger Soup from Bitchin’ Kitchen Cookin’ for Trouble by Nadia G. I loved that show! Great food, great shoes and sarcasm, what’s not to love? And the cookbook has some of my favorite recipes from the show.
I didn’t have any ginger, but I did have lemongrass which gave it a nice slightly salty lemon taste. I also cut the recipe down to two servings because I knew I would be enjoying it alone. Yeah! More for me. Like most soup recipes, the amounts given below are approximate. Adjust it to your own tastes. I would recommend at least 2:1 carrot to potato ratio for maximum carrot flavor. I actually had it 50/50 and the carrot was overpowered by the potato. Don’t get me wrong I like potato soup, but I was going for carrot here.
This creamy Carrot and Lemongrass Soup is delicious, easy and filling. Great for warming up on a chilly day. #glutenfree, #vegansoup #vegetariansoup #dairyfree #easysoup #souprecipes #thatrecipeblog
- 2-3 tablespoons onions diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups stock chicken or vegetable
- 1 cup carrots peeled and cut into 1/4″ rounds – 3 or 4 medium/large
- 1/2 cup potatoes peeled and diced – 1 small russet
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute onions until translucent. About 2 minutes.
- Add stock and scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen the browned bits (de-glaze). Add potatoes and carrots and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour soup into blender, add lemongrass and puree. Taste, adjust seasonings if needed and serve.
The vegetable amounts are approximate. You want to have about twice as much carrots as potatoes (at least) so the taste of the carrots stands out
Now on to the Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party…
Those of you that are regulars to the party might notice a few subtle changes from last year. The awesome Tammy from Creative K Kids has made all of us semi-regular co-hosts permanent hosts because the party is growing and we need help visiting and pinning all of your great posts.
We are looking to expand this party even more and would love to have you join us as a co-host for a month or two on your own blog. If you are interested e-mail Tammy at creativekkids at creativekkids.com for all of the details.
Creative K Kids’ Tasty Tuesdays now has 6 permanent hosts!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
Until next time, happy eating!