Slow Cooker Cheesy Cauliflower Soup recipe, perfect for cold winter nights.
I am not the biggest cauliflower fan in the world. I like it marginally better than Brussels sprouts. Which isn't saying much.
But, whether you like cauliflower or not you are going to love this creamy cheesy soup. The cumin and Worcestershire sauce give it a great boost of flavor to balance out the cheese. I use mild cheddar here because it is what we usually have on hand. But sharp would be amazing in this.
For those not on Keto looking to trim the fat out of this, toss in a peeled cubed russet potato or two with the cauliflower and thin with milk (any kind) yogurt or more stock at the end.
- 2 heads cauliflower (cut into pieces)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Add cauliflower, onions, celery and chicken stock to the crock of a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours
- When done cooking, use an immersion blender to puree the mixture in the pot; or add mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, then return to pot.
- Turn slow cooker to high add the cumin, Worcestershire sauce, heavy cream, and shredded cheese, stirring until mixture is hot and cheese is melted.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.