This delicious Cranberry Pork Roast is so moist and colorful, and easy too! Just put the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do all the work.
Be sure to grab and extra bag or two of cranberries to toss in your freezer when they are in the store so you can make fabulous recipes like this any time.
Blatant affiliate link and product pitch coming up! I never have dried out slow cooker roasts since I got this slow cooker with a temperature probe. I just stick the probe in the thickest part of the roast and program the cooker to stop when it gets to the correct internal temperature.
If your slow cooker doesn’t have one, use a meat thermometer and start checking about hour 5. Every slow cooker cooks slightly differently plus the size and shape of the pork roast can vary.
Since cranberries are usually sold in 12-16 ounce bags you should have some left over to make a quick cranberry sauce for serving.
Moist and flavorful Cranberry Pork Roast made in the slow cooker. So easy, just mix up the ingredients and let the crock pot do the rest.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pound boneless pork roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Gently rub salt and pepper onto the pork roast, and brown each side in the skillet. Place in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
In a bowl, thoroughly combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the top of the pork roast.
Cover and cook on low heat for about 8 to 10 hours, until a meat thermometer reads 145 F in the center of the thickest part of the roast. Cooking time will vary based on the size and shape of the roast and the slow cooker.
Slice roast and serve with the cooked cranberries and extra cranberry sauce (optional).
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.