Make fish the easy way, in foil packets! This light and healthy Foil Packet Lemon Tomato Fish Fillet recipe will show you how simple it can be.
I am always nervous about preparing fish. But foil packets make it so simple. And as a bonus, clean up is as easy as tossing the packets into the trash when you are done.
This recipe uses orange roughy fillets, but you can also use red sapper, tilapia, flounder, etc.
This recipe uses preserved lemons, which I had never heard of a year ago. But they are so easy to make at home and add a load of flavor to any dish. Get my full instructions for making preserved lemons over on Harvest2U. If you don’t have them, you can use fresh lemon slices instead.
Foil Packet Lemon Tomato Fish
- 4 orange roughy fillets or red sapper, tilapia, flounder, etc.
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 4 fresh or preserved lemon slices cut in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or preheat grill.
- Tear off 4 sheets of aluminum foil into sections large enough to fold over filets, with another couple of inches on each side to seal.
- Place a filet slightly off center on each sheet and place 1 large piece of tomato and 2 lemon slice halves on top of each. Top each filet with ¼ of the fresh thyme and add 1 of oil to each packet. If desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To seal packet, fold aluminum foil in half over the ingredients. Fold the 3 open sides, one at a time, over several times to seal the packet completely. The goal is to seal the packet tight enough to hold in the steam, but allow enough room for the air to expand.
- Place foil packet in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or place on hot grill over medium, direct heat and cook for about 8 - 10 minutes. Add a couple minutes to your cooking time if starting with frozen filets.
- To serve, open the foil packets, carefully avoiding the hot steam. Discard lemon slices. Transfer filets to plates.
Other fish recipes you may enjoy:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.